May 5th is a date of highs and lows- in 1941 Coco Chanel launched Chanel No. 5, an unwavering symbol of luxury and elegance (and all that Marilyn Monroe famously wore to bed) and in 2017, Kanye West deleted his twitter. The unofficial conduit of the raw commentary Kanye gave to his millions of followers, breadcrumbs of wisdom dropped from his Calabasas tower…was suddenly no more.
According to an insider close to the international superstar, the reason behind the sudden departure wasn’t due to any of the numerous feuds Kanye has hashed out publicly on the social media site with artists such as Wiz Khalifa and deadmau5, and was instead yet another phase of his creative process.
“He wasn’t using social media that often and it wasn’t necessary for his creative process…It wasn’t a healthy outlet for him,” an insider close to West revealed to Us Weekly. “He’s in a different place now.”
Thankfully, the 21-time Grammy winner’s wife is still as active as ever on social media, giving her 54 million followers an inside look into the world of KIMYE elite.
Here’s a collection of KIMYE’s G.O.A.T. tweets, (RIP Kanye’s twitter feed).
1. Yeezy’s response to the ass-tweet-heard-round-the-world:
Awww @kanyewest are u mad I'm not around to play in ur asshole anymore? #FingersInTheBootyAssBitch☝
— Amber Rose (@DaRealAmberRose) January 27, 2016
2. Kanye reminding all of us that no one loves Kanye like Kanye loves Kanye. (Enough Kanye’s?)
3. When he made it very clear he wasn’t here for the fakery:
4. When people lost their minds over KIMYE’s coke/Pixy Stix/marble table controversy, and the social media queen had to made a video to let👏them👏know👏:
5. Father’s Day, KIMYE-style 2k17:
Happy Fathers Day! Thank you for being such a good dad to our babies! pic.twitter.com/HUW4g4n1O2
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) June 18, 2017
6. Mother’s Day, KIMYE-style, 2k17:
Thank u to my babies for choosing me to be your mom. You've given me a deep love I can't explain. I'm always here to teach you & protect you pic.twitter.com/f77gkWUt1l
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) May 15, 2017
7. When Yeezy reminded us to live every week like it’s fashion week (even if we can only afford to shop the Old Navy clearance rack):
8. That time Kanye dropped this sentimental knowledge bomb:
9. You should be honored by my lateness//That I would even show up to this fake shit:
10. In case we forgot that Kanye loving Kanye was for lyf3:
11. That time Kim KW pulled a ‘Mean Girls’ IRL and asked if peanuts had carbs:
Do peanuts have carbs?
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) July 15, 2010
12. When Kim K fueled the fantasies of millions worldwide, and told us all she was nekked:
I'm naked right now!!!
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) March 23, 2009
13. When an alignment left her shook:
Chiropractors really are life savers! I didn't really believe in them before but now I'm obsessed!
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) August 4, 2012
14. When Kim proved there’s no such thing as over-sharing for the queen of social media:
. @kourtneykardash threw up in her bed 4 times and slept in it
— Kim Kardashian West (@KimKardashian) April 25, 2017
15. When Kanye said what we’ve all thought, at one point or another:
16. That time Yeezy came for the Grammys:
18. That time Kim wanted to drop her accent for a Spears-y Louisiana drawl.
19. When Kanye was feeling particularly #blessed:
20. When an unedited, unflattering image of Kim’s famous backside went viral and she clapped back at the haters in a now-deleted tweet:
21. Honestly, who hasn’t cried over Comic Sans?
22. If you thought he was playin’ about the fonts:
23. Those fold-up tables are really small, OK?
24. When the straight-faced rapper reveals he smiles on a deeper level than all of us:
25. 99 problems, and the lack of cherub imagery on Persian rugs is definitely one: